One of the most important opportunities U.S. Representatives have is assisting constituents with issues they have with federal agencies.  While we cannot override a decision made by a federal agency, our office may be able to answer your questions, help you resolve a problem, or get the information needed for further action.  Our office will help you receive a fair and timely response to your request.

In order for our office to inquire with a federal agency on behalf of a constituent, we are required by the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) to obtain a written authorization from the person requesting our assistance.  Please download, print and complete our Privacy Act Release Form. Please complete the entire Privacy Act Release Form, including Social Security Number, claim number (if available), agency involved and a written explanation as to your specific request. The Privacy Act Release Form, as well as the latest correspondence from the federal agency, should be mailed to the address on the form. If you have any questions about the Privacy Act Release Form, please feel free to contact our Danville District Office at 434-791-2596.

Our office can make inquiry with any federal agency on your behalf.  Some of the agencies and website links are below for additional information.  In some cases, you may find the answer to your concerns on the agency’s website.

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 

Department of Defense

Department of Education

Department of Labor

Department of Housing and Urban Development 

Department of State

Department of Veterans Affairs

Federal Communications Commission    

Internal Revenue Service

Office of Personnel Management         

Passport Service 

Social Security Administration

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

U. S. Postal Service